Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Points with sacale factor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
musasalemi
521 Views, 2 Replies

Import Points with sacale factor

Hi all. To import the point along an alignment into Civil 3D, I need to introduce a scale factor. But by adding the Scale Factor column to the points and modify one of the formats in the Civil 3D to accept the scale factor, change was not affected to the initial state (without adding a column to a scale factor). I got the points, regardless of the scale factor and now, I want to add a scaling factor for the points.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for poor English.

Windows7 64bit

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: musasalemi

Points in Civil 3D have two coordinates.  One is the local North and East; this is the coordinate that will be used within the program and is the default for the import and export formats.  The other coordinate is the Grid location of the point.  This value is affected by the scale and transformation values which you can control using the Transformation tab in the drawing settings dialog.

What you need to do is open the dialog, set the parameters of the Units and Zone tab then set the parameters in the Transformation tab.  Finally you need to create an import/export format which uses the Grid North and East values.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
musasalemi
in reply to: sboon

That was helpful. thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report