Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Google Earth Image and Surface

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marcoarmstrong7258
3309 Views, 5 Replies

Import Google Earth Image and Surface

I have no problem bringing my google earth image and surface into autocad civil 3d 2011...but when I do bring it in the elevations are not correct...I'm bringing in a google image that have an island over water.... the units are wrong even though i changes to units in autocad...what do I have to do in order for google earth to import the correct elevation into autocad civil 3d 2011 ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

For starters:

Toolspace->Settings->Units and Zone.   You need an "Available Coordinates System" set here.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
gunnarl
in reply to: wfberry

The INSUNITS setting will affect items imported from google earth. I can't remember what the setting needs to be, but i know leaving it at UNITLESS doesn't bring the items in at the correct scale or elevation. The setting should be Foot, Inches or Meters, i can't remember which one i found works. I'm don't have 2011 or 2012 available right now, otherwise i would check for you.

Message 4 of 6

Maybe look in ArcGIS for AutoCAD, it is a free download from the ERIS site and it works great for me, the GIS shows up on my ribbon and I can load a basemap, which is basically Google Earth but as far as elevations go....my discoveries have not brought me an answer yet...

Message 5 of 6
w_davis
in reply to: w_davis

**Correction** ESRI

Message 6 of 6

OK I just recognize that the elevations in Google earth itself are reading crazy..I'm trying to get elevations around a island from a tunnel that goes under water. I also checked the elevations on land and there all reading incorrectly in Google earth itself. Any suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report