Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from GIS - Pipe Network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
epotratz
619 Views, 2 Replies

Import from GIS - Pipe Network

I am able to easily import sanitary sewer pipe and structure information from existing GIS information using the import wizard.  I do have one issue that I can't figure out how to fix: even though I match the material field in the GIS shapefile to the material field in the import wizard, the material for the imported pipe network defaults to concrete pipe.  I have tried updating the shapefile and the part in Part Builder so that the material information matches exactly, but it still happens.  I can work around this by selecting "Swap Part" for each pipe and then selecting the correct pipe material and diameter, but this can be tedious when dealing with a lot of pipes.

Any ideas on how to get the pipe material to import correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Erin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
paulkirkendall
in reply to: epotratz

I Just ran into this same issue recently. Is there a way to get the pipes to come in with the correct material and not just pick up by the size of the first pipe in the catalog that matches?

Paul c. Kirkendall
Civil Application Engineer
MasterGraphics Inc.
Message 3 of 3
javbarcelo
in reply to: epotratz

Erin,

I have just read your post and I was wondering if you could please let me know how do you import "easily" GIS data into a C3D pipe network. A few questions:

• What format is the source: SHP. SDF, etc.?
  • How do you import it: mapimport, connect to data, etc.?
  • What wizard creates a C3D pipe network?
  • Did you find a solution to your query related pipe materials?

I am sorry if this is an obvious procedure but it's out of my knowledge. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Javier

C3D 2013 SP1

Windows 7 64bit

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report