Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DGN

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cadguru42
414 Views, 3 Replies

Import DGN

This is the first time since using 2012 that I've had to import a DGN we have from the state containing mass points and breaklines to generate a surface. First thing I noticed is there's a new Import DGN Settings dialog.  So, the units for my DGN is listed as meters when they're in feet in the new dialog. There's no way to convert or change this. If I use the old MAPIMPORT on the DGN there's no issue with units and everything comes in correctly. 

Why is the import DGN Settings dialog saying that the file units are in meters when they aren't?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Could you send me the drawing?

Thanks,

Peter Funk

Autodesk

peter dot funk at autodesk dot com

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Just sent the file.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Since this very morning I importing two dgn files for a client of mine. The first time I have done it in 2012.  Converted and sent the file.  I was not too concerned since he just wanted a "picture" to see what the State DOT was doing.  

I went back just now to check it in regards to the feet issue.  Mine converted to feet but looking at the setup it turned my US Survey feet to International feet.

I checked my dwt file and it is US but after the import it is International.

??

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report