Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DGN not mapping linetypes

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
eladkcem
1140 Views, 1 Reply

Import DGN not mapping linetypes

I'm having an issue within the DGNIMPORT command related to a mapping setup that only partially maps..

I'm using the DGNIMPORT command in a nearly empty civil3D drawing. I created a mapping setup to map over the levels to layers, the line styles to linetypes and the lineweights. The levels successfully become layers, the lineweights are mapped appropriately... but the Linetypes are NOT.

I've attached two screen shots to illustrate the issue. The first shows the window with my mapping setup.

The second shows the 'preview' for the setup (Microstation Linestyles 1,6,7 are sent to continuous instead of to the 3 line types I created for the mapping process...)

Any help?

Thanks!

-Dale

I'm using Civil3d 2011 with SP1 and SP2.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
eladkcem
in reply to: eladkcem

I figured this one out...

The linetype mapping only looks at linetypes in the acad.lin file. The custom linetypes I had created were in a separate *.lin file. Even though they were available in the drawing, they didn't end up accessible by the actual mapping..

-d

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report