Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data wizard - coordinate transformation on import

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
novice101
345 Views, 5 Replies

Import data wizard - coordinate transformation on import

when I import PNEZD format .csv using import wizard the coordinates get transformed. all points are shifted about 20' in northing and 5 feet in easting. Can anyone help? I have to use the import wizard w/ survey database in order to process linework codes. Help, please.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: novice101

Without version info or current units settings, the first 2 things you will want to check.

1. Toolspace_Settings Tab_Rt click on drawing name_Drawing Settings_First tab on left(units & zone?)_Drawing Units.

2. Toolspace_Survey Tab_Rt Click on Survey Database name_Edit Survey Database Settings_Units_Distance.

(These units need to match.)

The default units for the Survey Database is "International Feet".

If it turns out the Survey Database units are the issue, these can easily be set/saved (along with other survey settings) in a survey settings file which can be network shared & mapped in your dwt.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
novice101

Thanks I will try this out and get back with you on th result.. And it is Civil 3D 2012

Message 4 of 6
novice101

The drawing units matched my db settings, kind of. I say that becauise when I go to toolspace/settings/drawing settings/units ans zone, under this tab I have us survey foot. Then if I go to toolspace/settings/drawing settings/transformation, under this setting ther is a light bulb with an exclamation " Zone units are in FOOT" is this a conflict?

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

Are you applying Datum and Projection to this file?

As far as checking the units in in the other location, I was referring to right clicking on the Survey Database name on Survey Tab of Prospector. (These are the units used upon import of the Survey).

Please see my previous post for full navigation steps to this setting.

What are units set to at this location?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
novice101
in reply to: Jay_B

I am using aprojection, Texas South Central 4204. In my drawing settings as well as in the database settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report