Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data from LD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Buzz12345
124 Views, 2 Replies

Import data from LD

I've encountered the following error while importing data from a LD2005 project:
++++++++
Error during Surfaces migration!
Please note:
plSurface->ImportTIN(J:\Land Projects R2\...\dtm\NG2000\NG2000.tin) failed!
Horizontal Alignments migration completed!
Profiles migration completed!
Please note:
Unable to open file:
J:\Land Projects R2\...\align\Rd2RhsFdr\Rd2RhsFdr.vrt
++++++++

I've imported the dtm before and had no problems. LD2005 wasn't open at the time and I've confirmed that there's no file locks in the LD2005 project.

Any ideas?
Michael
AEC Collection - Civil3D 2023 & Infraworks 2023
www.foxsurvey.co.nz
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Buzz12345

Can you import the TIN using the import command that is under the Surface pulldown menu? That option will let you navigate to the specific TIN file and open it. This will help us know if it's an issue with the surface... Thanks Dave S "Buzz123" wrote in message news:622539.1101353106646.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I've encountered the following error while importing data from a LD2005 project: > ++++++++ > Error during Surfaces migration! > Please note: > plSurface->ImportTIN(J:\Land Projects R2\...\dtm\NG2000\NG2000.tin) failed! > Horizontal Alignments migration completed! > Profiles migration completed! > Please note: > Unable to open file: > J:\Land Projects R2\...\align\Rd2RhsFdr\Rd2RhsFdr.vrt > ++++++++ > > I've imported the dtm before and had no problems. LD2005 wasn't open at the time and I've confirmed that there's no file locks in the LD2005 project. > > Any ideas?
Message 3 of 3
Buzz12345
in reply to: Buzz12345

Dave

The error only appears when I use a drawing based on a custom-made template and I import via the "Import from LD" command.

It doesn't appear with a default template and import from LD. It doesn't appear with the custom template and Import Tin under the Surfaces menu.

I have also found that TIN does have vertical faces - is this a possible reason for the error?

Thanks
Michael
AEC Collection - Civil3D 2023 & Infraworks 2023
www.foxsurvey.co.nz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report