Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import Autocad Architecture file into Civil3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dwford
386 Views, 3 Replies

import Autocad Architecture file into Civil3D

I am fresh to civil 3d, however, I have a CADD topo file that I recieved from my instructor that I would like to import in to Civil 3D and create a surface for a land development project. The issue that I am having is when ever I import my file the contours are not turning into points to enable me to creat surface. if anyone can assists with this issue please comment.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: dwford

If the file contains contours which have Z or elevation values, then create a surface from those contours.

Creating points from contours, to then create a surface, is an unnecessary step.

What object type are the contours? Polylines or?

You'll get the best advice, if you attach the drawing file here, which your trying to create the surface from.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
dwford
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the response i have attach the cad file that was giving to me by my instructor

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: dwford

Well the attached file is not in ready any way to create a meaningful Civil 3d Surface from.

The contours are in the 0' - 10' range.

The contour labels indicate the contours should be in the relative range of < 80' to > 90'.

It could be done but would mean manually assigning the proper elevation value to each & every contour line.

If your just looking for a data set to create contours from then I'd look at the Tutorials which come with Civil 3d.

You don't mention the version of Civil 3d you're using but if you click on the "Help Tab" on the Ribbon > Learn Autocad Civil 3d panel > Tutorials, you'll be directed to the Tutorials information section of help.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report