Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import and export surface styles?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
post8
5711 Views, 8 Replies

Import and export surface styles?

Is there any way to import a surface style into a drawing?

I have lost my surface settings, and I have a backup copy where it is. Now I want to copy that surface style into the drawing?

Rune

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
craig_robertson
in reply to: post8

go to your toolspace and change the drop down from 'Active Drawing Settings View' to 'Master View' then just drag the style from your surface styles in your backup up to the drawing where you want it to be.

Message 3 of 9
post8
in reply to: craig_robertson

Super!

Thanks a lot!!!

Rune

Message 4 of 9
ArchD
in reply to: post8

IMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS is a great little command that allows you to import all the styles of a template or drawing quickly.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 9
jgrande26
in reply to: craig_robertson

What would cause the drag and drop to not work? I keep trying it, but the style never gets transferred to my new drawing.

Message 6 of 9
ArchD
in reply to: jgrande26

Highlight the style(s) in the toolspace tree from the original drawing before dragging them into the current/target drawing.

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 7 of 9
jgrande26
in reply to: ArchD

Yes, that's exactly what I am doing. But when my cursor falls over the target drawing and changes, (as described in this link: Dragging Items between Drawings or Templates) I let go of the mouse button, expecting the desired style to be miraculously transferred and I'm consistently disappointed when it's not. So I'm asking what might be preventing it. I don't even know where to begin trouble-shooting.

Message 8 of 9
ArchD
in reply to: jgrande26

Hmm, that's odd. I know many people miss the highlight first part. Another thing I see is that they are dragging it into the source drawing instead of the target drawing. 

Reading that link, it seems that it's telling you to drop it into the toolspace tree. Instead, try to drop it into the viewport of the intended drawing.

Maybe you can try IMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS and see if you can bring them in that way instead?

Archie Dodge
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 9 of 9
jgrande26
in reply to: ArchD

Dragging into the drawing window, instead of the settings tree worked. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report