Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import AGS error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
greg.eden
1078 Views, 7 Replies

Import AGS error

I've been sent an AGS 3.1 file which I'm trying to import to Civil 3D using the Geotechnical module, but keep running up against an error which suggests the date format in the AGS file is incorrect. From what I can see the format should be DD/MM/YYYY, and this is correct in the file, but Geotechnics still won't recognise it.

ags error.jpg

Is there a different date format I should be using, or is there a way to force the tool to recognise the format in the file?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: greg.eden

Can you share the AGS file for me to take a look?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
greg.eden
in reply to: neilyj666

It seems that the units table at the end of the AGS file wasn't set, so adding the date format solved that problem.

However, I've now run across another problem where an error occurs validating the model and I get a message "Base Depth must be set". This happens whether I use the raw AGS file or CSV. As far as I can tell all the relevant level variables have units attached to them, so I'm stumped.
Message 4 of 8
neilyj666

It'll be easier to diagnose with the AGS and/or CSV files

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
greg.eden

Fair enough.

Message 6 of 8
neilyj666

I get the "DepthBase must be set" error too but I can't see why as I'm not too familiar with the dark secrets of AGS formats - have you got the data as csv as well?

As you have the module, I presume you are on Subscription, so I'd suggest you log a Support Request.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
neilyj666

This has been bugging me but I converted the AGS to Excel to see things a bit better and there are many records at the End/Termination of holes/pits that do not have a Final depth recorded and I think this is the problem as I have now got the errors down to two.

I just deleted the bogus records which is very tedious - it would be handy if the Import tool flagged up the error locations in the AGS file

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
neilyj666

Try this version - no guarantees I've not deleted something important though.........

You'll need to change the extension back to ags as, rather unhelpfully, ags extensions are not permitted

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report