Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a preferred point label from one drawing to another.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mcloughlin
985 Views, 3 Replies

Import a preferred point label from one drawing to another.

In C3D 2014, I have a drawing with an inappropriate point label style. Rather than go to all the trouble of re-building a label style that I already use in other drawings, I hoped to be able simply to import the preferred style from an existing drawing to the one on which I'm working. Shouldn't be too hard, right? So I 1) Open both drawings in the same session of Civil 3D, then 2) Have the drawing into which I hope to import the preferred style on the current/on screen; 3) In the tool space set master view; 4) Open the settings tab and navigate to the drawing from which I hope to import the preferred style, and 5) avigate to the style I want in the current drawing, presuming that they will simply drag and drop in... But they don't. They don't drag anywhere. When I attempt to drag, I see the circle-slash. How do we copy a style from one drawing to another? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: mcloughlin

Most likely one of 2 things is happening.

1. Your trying to drag the new style from drawing A.dwg into drawing A.dwg.
or

2. Your dragging the new style from Drawing A.dwg to Drawing B.dwg but not moving your cursor off the Toolspace and onto the drawing area.

Also be sure not to release mouse button until a little rectangle appears next to cursor and drag slowly.

It's actually very easy to get Drawing A & Drawing B mixed up when copying styles.

If you still can't get this to work then try the "Import Styles" Tool included on the Manage Tab of the Ribbon.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: mcloughlin

Try dragging the style you want all the way to the name of the target drawing. It takes a second or to for the toolspace to scroll, but once you are hovering over the target drawing name the circle slash changes to a pointer with a dashed rectangle below it and will copy the style when you drop.

Another method is to hit the restore down window button so you can see a window of both drawings at the same time, then drag and drop to the window of the target drawing.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 4
mcloughlin
in reply to: IanMcClain

Thank you, Ian. That worked very well. Juan Largo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report