Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import .3ds into civil 3d

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
siroos.jafary
1176 Views, 9 Replies

Import .3ds into civil 3d

Hi,

I have a.3ds file imported into Civil 3d. The object imported as a polymesh in Civil 3d. I need the solid 3d object to do some edit like slice or union and subtract.

The question is "How can I import .3ds into Civil 3d as a solid objects or hoe can i convert polymesh to solid?"

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 3 of 10
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: siroos.jafary

If the convert method fails or is too combersome (which it normally is)..

You have 3D strudio Max design installed right??

If so import into Max and perform some Mesh edits there. A lot easier to convert to a solid in Max then export as a Acis sat.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 10

@

Hi, I've tried this before But after converting the polyface mesh to mesh and run "convtosolid" , it said: " 

Mesh not converted because it is not closed or it self-intersects. Object cannot be converted."

And when I explode Polyface to 3dsurface and convert it to surface then run the "Convtosolid" it said: " objects cannot be converted "

Message 5 of 10
siroos.jafary
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Unfortunatley I do not have access to 3D max.

Message 6 of 10

Please zip and attach here that .3DS file, thx.

Message 7 of 10

@

Hi, It is imposible to upload it here. please download it from the below link:

http://www.attachmore.com/463597277

Message 8 of 10

Well, I downloaded it, but at work I'm not allowed to process a file with that kind of title (I have wife+child to maintain)...

Sooner or later I'll cast an eye over it, be confident.

Message 9 of 10

@

Many thanks for your time. I'm looking fordward to hear someting.

Message 10 of 10

@antoniovinci

I think you tought I am doing something illegal, I am going to explain more. I have an employer who is manufacturing toys and puzzles with plywood board. So what I am doing is try to use the .3ds files in autocad, slice them in available plywood thicknesses and provide the drawing for the cutting machin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report