AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
tmactom
Message 1 of 6 (96 Views)

implementing a new survey to begin storm pipe design

96 Views, 5 Replies
02-08-2013 11:13 AM

I have recieved a survey and I am now ready to begin my design. BUT, when I try and create a "pipe network", I am unable to connect the plan view with the profile. I have everything on both the plan and profile (water, sanny, gas, cuvlerts, etc etc) which was provided by the surveyor. So overall I know C3D can do this very quick, but I just need help how it is not working in my favor!! Hopefully that was clear enough, happy Friday!

The question in short: How to modify pipe network into an existing survey to transpose/connect in profile and plan views.

Valued Mentor
KirkNoonan
Message 2 of 6 (92 Views)

Re: implementing a new survey to begin storm pipe design

02-08-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: tmactom

The typical workflow is to draw the pipe network in the plan view and then add the parts to the profile view. Right click on on of the newly-drawn parts and look for "add to profile view' (one of many methods)

Active Contributor
tmactom
Message 3 of 6 (85 Views)

02-08-2013 12:30 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan

Thanks for the reply. When I do that it still says "_AeccAddNetworkPartsToProf No profile views available." Yet I have a profile already in their. So I am a tad confused!

Valued Mentor
KirkNoonan
Message 4 of 6 (80 Views)

02-08-2013 12:43 PM in reply to: tmactom
Is your profile view really a profile view, or has it been exploded?
Active Contributor
tmactom
Message 5 of 6 (77 Views)

02-08-2013 12:52 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan

Definitely exploded. Anything I can do to fix this? Or any options you may suggest. I recieved this survey so I have no idea how the consultant came about certain tasks.

Valued Mentor
KirkNoonan
Message 6 of 6 (72 Views)

02-08-2013 01:13 PM in reply to: tmactom
Look in your tool space to see if the profile still exists and recreate the profile view if it does. Otherwise, you can make a profile view on top of the exploded profile view and put your stuff in that one. Your view can be just a line on a no plot layer so that it doesn't interfere with the other one
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.