Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementing a new survey to begin storm pipe design

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tmactom
214 Views, 5 Replies

implementing a new survey to begin storm pipe design

I have recieved a survey and I am now ready to begin my design. BUT, when I try and create a "pipe network", I am unable to connect the plan view with the profile. I have everything on both the plan and profile (water, sanny, gas, cuvlerts, etc etc) which was provided by the surveyor. So overall I know C3D can do this very quick, but I just need help how it is not working in my favor!! Hopefully that was clear enough, happy Friday!

The question in short: How to modify pipe network into an existing survey to transpose/connect in profile and plan views.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KirkNoonan
in reply to: tmactom

The typical workflow is to draw the pipe network in the plan view and then add the parts to the profile view. Right click on on of the newly-drawn parts and look for "add to profile view' (one of many methods)

Message 3 of 6
tmactom
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Thanks for the reply. When I do that it still says "_AeccAddNetworkPartsToProf No profile views available." Yet I have a profile already in their. So I am a tad confused!

Message 4 of 6
KirkNoonan

Is your profile view really a profile view, or has it been exploded?
Message 5 of 6
tmactom
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Definitely exploded. Anything I can do to fix this? Or any options you may suggest. I recieved this survey so I have no idea how the consultant came about certain tasks.

Message 6 of 6
KirkNoonan

Look in your tool space to see if the profile still exists and recreate the profile view if it does. Otherwise, you can make a profile view on top of the exploded profile view and put your stuff in that one. Your view can be just a line on a no plot layer so that it doesn't interfere with the other one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report