Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAGEFRAME Bug?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gccdaemon
1108 Views, 9 Replies

IMAGEFRAME Bug?

I've got a digital signature in .png format that i keep inside a dynamic PE Seal block. That block is inserted inside a titleblock x-ref which i x-ref into all my planset sheets. Here is the problem. With FRAME and or IMAGEFRAME set to 2, the signature boundary is still plotting. Here is the catch. It's only doing this on plan sheets that don't have another image inserted. Can anyone reprodce this? If so it sound to me like there is a disconnect between x-refs and certain variables now that wasn't there before.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: gccdaemon

I have had similar issues in previous AutoCad versions where a faint frame occasionally would plot even with imageframe set to 2.
The workaround Ii used was to change the color of the frame to plot white (255).
Are the imageframe & xref attached on layer zero?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
gccdaemon
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the input Jay...lol.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 10
Jay_B

Special talent!
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 10
gccdaemon
in reply to: Jay_B

This isn't a faint frame, it's full out plotted frame. It works propperly when i set IMAGEFRAME to 0, but then i can't select images propperly. The x-ref is on layer 0, the block is on a seperate layer, and the image inside the block is on layer 0.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 6 of 10
Jay_B

Hmm, Imageframe can have a mind of it's own sometimes, good luck.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

as you have Civil3D you also have Map3D-functionality, so try to start command _MAPIOPTIONS, second tab and play with that settings for image-framing. I guess these settings override the AutoCAD ones.

Sorry for the German screenshot, just to show the position I mean.

2013-03-23 00-17-32.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 10
gccdaemon
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I've been messing with the settings an this is what i've found. When i set imagefram to 0, then set frame back to 2, it plots correctly.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 9 of 10
gccdaemon

I took a look at what you said about the map frames. It appears when you set the IMAGEFRAME variable to 0 it removes the map frame reset. Setting the FRAME variable back to 2 takes care of messing with IMAGEFRAME again.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It appears when you set the IMAGEFRAME variable to 0 it removes the map frame reset

You are absolutly right, thx, seems that I have not verified it enough.

Thx, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report