Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image shifting in rotated viewport

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
lgs663
2926 Views, 26 Replies

image shifting in rotated viewport

any ideas on what is happening
i have an area we are running water lines in and are using the aerial as the survey kind of - so it is important that it not shift - but the viewport needs to be rotated
thanks
lgs
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Forgot to say - this is still a problem in Vanilla Autocad 2014.
Message 22 of 27

Has there been a fix for this yet? I am having the same problem with the images shifting in a viewport. Doing the persepective on and the off tricks works, but it SLOWS my drawing down to a snails pace! Does anyone know if it has been fixed in 2014? We have been using orthos since at least version 2006 and have never had this problem. Very aggrevating, especially considering the cost of the software.

Message 23 of 27
mrdrafty
in reply to: langrobbins4254

Yeah I agree, would be nice if there was a solution given the problem has been around since 2007 at least.

The “View > Perspective > On/Off” works on screen but not for printing.

One workaround I found in the last couple of days was to try different plotters. i.e. using a pdf writer such as “PDF-XChange” in particular stops the image shift – then plot from the pdf. Not ideal/long winded but works. Unfortunately when testing “DWG to PDF” plotter - it doesn’t work for me.

Message 24 of 27
tommy2tone22
in reply to: lgs663

I found a work around for this issue.......

I used a program, that is free to download, called Q GIS PISA.

1.) Import your image in this program.

2.) Use the raster clipping tool to clip your image to the size that will be big enough to cover your area needed.

3.) export your image as a GEO TIFF.

4.) Import as usual into CAD.

You will need to move and scale your Geo Tiff to match your linework and points 1 time when you import, but that's it. 

You can now rotate your viewports however you want without having any issues with shifting.

I believe that the image looks better this way as well.

Message 25 of 27

We cannot afford saving 100's of drawings with the different location of the same 5gig sid file

It is still not printing correct in all 2015 products.

Does Autodesk even care about 10 year old issues?

Message 26 of 27
Ben_Lloyd
in reply to: lgs663

Here's how I got around this issue: Rather than importing the image directly to your drawing, attach it as a DWG.

Create a new DWG, import your image to that, and then attach this DWG to your drawing.

Message 27 of 27
l3et9lek
in reply to: Ben_Lloyd

It's mid 2018 and this problem still exists. I tried importing sid image into a dwg & attach the dwg as xref - image is still shifting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report