Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal (self-intersecting or non-closed) Boundary Polyline

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mramseur
13681 Views, 4 Replies

Illegal (self-intersecting or non-closed) Boundary Polyline

I always get the message after I make a closed boundary polygon, and I know it's a closed boundary, but I know how to fix it.  It just bugs me sometimes when the message pops up when I add it as a boundary under the definition of a surface.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mramseur

Somewhere in the pline there is funky geometry. This could be crossing objects, null or psuedo nodes, zero length objects, incorrect closure when creating the pline and more.

Quick fix. Isolate the border layer and use the boundary command to create a new pline. Erase the old, add the new to the srf def.

Readup on the MAPCLEAN command. This will fix many geometric errors in the linework.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@ Mramseur

When I have a self-looping boundary (apparently closed) I always _EXPLODE it up to line level, then I _FLATTEN it to the ground, then a deep _MAPCLEAN in order to join automatically the chunks, finally I _MOVE it to the original height.

It takes some minutes, but satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.

Message 4 of 5

Amazing

thanks for the fix

Message 5 of 5
kbanksFHDKV
in reply to: mramseur

For non-closed polylines, BREAKATPOINT or BREAK. Selecting part of the polyline will show you where the gap is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report