Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If statement within the Subassemble Composer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CRThorn
1289 Views, 3 Replies

If statement within the Subassemble Composer

I'm trying to create a daylight link which will look to see which surfaces exist before it targets.

So i have 2 layers Ground level and Peat level. Where I have peat, I want the earthworks to extend down but if the peat surfaces doesn't exist I want it to target the Ground level.

I think this is easy to do I just can't work out the formula to stick in the decision part.

Hopefully someone here can help 🙂

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: CRThorn

You will want to use an auxiliary point to target the surface and then use the .isvalid API function to see if the auxiliary point is valid. So if the auxiliary point is AP2 then the decision would be AP2.isvalid. Hope that helps!

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
MKearney028
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

I'm curious if this will work for you. I've had trouble with trying to create aux. points on surfaces that don't exist. In my case, the aux. point was trying to be created beyond the boundary of the surface, but I think you may run into the same issue. When the AP cannot be created, then the sub stops running before it can get to the decision and produces an error.

Let me know if you have any more luck than I did.

Thanks.

Matt

Message 4 of 4
CRThorn
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks for the quick reply.

Within the composer it seems too work just fine. It might be worth noting that i'm using this in a slightly different way now.

The link will always fire to the topo layer but if the peat layer exists it will continue down to the peat layer. I decided to do it this way so i can always keep my slopemarkings folllowing the topo then a second different set for the section through peat.

I'll let you know how it goes it practice.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report