Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2014 search paths

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Joe-Bouza
922 Views, 23 Replies

IDSP 2014 search paths

I'm creating IDSP deployments and I am struct by the fact that the civil3d component does not offer configurable search paths, or am I missing something?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
rkmcswain
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

If I may pick you brain on the lisp file:

in paragraph 1 is "ACADLOCATION" a command or do I have to replace that with an install location?

in build string paragraph what is going on with acadloc "......"?

And what is going on in the program filles section? I don't have tool pac or the other items Im not sure of

The red text are comments.
The (setq acadloc... ) portion queries the registry for the location that AutoCAD is installed. If you look later on down the lisp, you'll see that "acadloc" is being concatenated with other strings to form the OOTB paths such as \support, \help, etc....so anyway leave that alone

The *files* part <--- leave that alone

The (setq sfsp....) part is where you want to NOT use the first three example (\\\\server) paths I have shown and plug in your own paths. From there on down, you put the stock OOTB acad paths.

no, you don't need toolpac, etc.

I use the variables "roamablerootprefix", localrootprefix, etc. because I use this same process for AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, and Civil 3D on various O/S and a mix of x68 and x64 platforms.
These variables evaluate to the correct location so I don't have to hardcode locations and use a bunch of IF statements

I need to update my example, because it should be using a variable for "C:\Program Files"

If you'll send me the stock OOTB paths for 2014 C3D, I'll fix the code for you, and explain each step.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 22 of 24
dgorsman

Start off with the registry editor.  All of the AutoCAD-based profile stuff is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoDesk:

AutoDesk registry - profiles.png

Under the "General" key of each Profile, you will see a list of values - many of which you should recognize from their names or values:

AutoDesk registry - General key.png

As long as you don't change anything, it is completely safe to browse through the registry contents.

Any level of the registry can be exported to a REG file.  If you look at it with a text editor e.g. Notepad, you will see that its virtually identical in format to an ARG file.  You can edit values, delete values, or delete entire sections you don't want to change.

To apply the settings in a REG file, it can be double-clicked or applied with an instruction from a BAT file or other scripting tool.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 23 of 24
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dgorsman

I'm dumber than I thought. I cant figure that out? I looked but could not find that support paths, plotter paths , tool palette , etc?

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 24
Joe-Bouza

They are not, and The MEP deployment lets you but is known not to work.
Answ: Use Arg or a lisp to configure or go machine to machine

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report