Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2014 & Surface Pro Tablet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BtimmermanMMS
377 Views, 2 Replies

IDSP 2014 & Surface Pro Tablet

Have IDSP 2014 installed on a Surface Pro Tablet w/Win 8.1 and 4GB RAM and 1.70 GHz i5 processor (64bit OS).

Running the drawing locally, but logged into the domain we have setup for the office work.

Everything working fine until we select the Points-->export-->to text file (PNEZD format). All of the interface for the eporting of points works (format and point group to use), but when we select the icon to select folder location the dialogue locks up. The drawing doesn't lock up, but the only way to get out of the export dialogue and back to the drawing is to hit ESC a couple times.

Works on all drawings and not just this one drawing.

When we try to import points it will run thru that process w/out issue.

Why is the interface on exporting locking up on this tablet?

Is anyone working with a surface tablet and Windows 8.1

I seem to think it is the update 8.1 that caused this tablet not to function properly now. Just a guess.

Any thoughts - Any ideas greatly appreciated to resolve this issue.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thejac
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

This sounds like rather than a lockup, you have a window or dialogue box offscreen.  I have run into similar issues on laptops and the Surface Pro.  Try the instructions in this link to resolve the issue:

Bring Offscreen Windows Back

TheJAC - The Land Group - Eagle, Idaho

Jesse Cook
The Land Group, Inc.
www.thelandgroupinc.com
Message 3 of 3
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: thejac

Duh!

God - sometimes the obvious things are too obvious!

That was it!

Forgot this tablet had been in the office prior and had been connected to 2nd monitor!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report