Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify a flowline at a point along a pipe in plan WITHOUT creating a profile

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2477 Views, 6 Replies

Identify a flowline at a point along a pipe in plan WITHOUT creating a profile

Sounds simple enough, right!?  

I'm looking for a way to simply get a flowline elevation at some random point along a pipe (Network) in plan view without having to go through the trouble of "drawing Parts in Profile".

I have successfully added invert elevations at the ends of the pipe, but that's not what I'm looking to do & "ID" command shows the "Z" elevation for pipes in pipe networks to be "0".

Thanks for any help!

Robert

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I am aware of to do this quickly:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_PipeElevationEditor.htm

Which has a Track option so you can track the invert anywhere along the pipe:

7-9-2013 4-28-51 PM.png

I just now noticed that the help file hasn't been updated to reflect the newer Track option, but it is there.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply!

Looks like a great collection of tools, unfortunately, at $175, I think i'll have to create a profile or interpolate each point since this is really the on tool I need.

Any word on whether C3D 2013 or later versions will incorprate this type of command? 

Thanks again,

Robert

Message 4 of 7
KirkNoonan

You could draw a feature line along the top of your pipe elevations. Then the 'Add elevation point' command will show you the elevation at that point as you move along the feature line.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: KirkNoonan

That works well....  I've also discovered that I can simply id points along feature line for a quick "Z" elevation at any point along the line.

Thanks!

Robert

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

Robert:

One thing to keep in mind.  If you have to provide offset points for staking the pipe, you will be well ahead of the game if you maintain a FG profile along with your pipe.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Good suggestion, I'll keep that in mind.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report