Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea on cloudworx data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Cadbeyond
405 Views, 2 Replies

Idea on cloudworx data

Hi All,
Anyone try to import the cloundworx data and create modeling? I got the project which uses laser scan technology and they want to create modeling and do rendering afterward.

Thanks
Treo
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AussieHans
in reply to: Cadbeyond

We did a job picking up pipework in a power station. The Cloudworx software did the interpretation of the point clouds (modeling) and exported a DWG as far as I understood the system. There will be little you can do with the point clouds on Civil3D. The Cloudworx modeling needs a fair amount of training, this not what one would attempt for a one-off project. This was a while back, so I'm not totally up to date.
Message 3 of 3
danielbritt
in reply to: Cadbeyond

I know this is an old post but i wanted to have some info. out there re: Cloudworx because there isn't too much nowadays.

Cloudworx is an add-on for AutoCAD. When Cloudworx is running users can import a point cloud and model traced point cloud data using the AutoCAD and/or the Cloudworx modeling tools. You cannot export a .dwg file where a point cloud will stay attached because users need to have Cloudworx loaded to see the point cloud.

To see the point cloud, users will need to have Cloudworx loaded and configured, they will need the complete point cloud folder and a point of reference so the drawing file insertion point matches the point cloud coordinates.

The modelled components (pipes, beams etc...) are permanently visible and saved with the .dwg file with or without a point cloud attached because they are typically simple solids generated by AutoCAD (or Cloudworx).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report