Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switched my main Cuix by accident

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DaveM
381 Views, 4 Replies

I switched my main Cuix by accident

Hello all, I typically do not manipulate the CUI at all. I ran the menuload command in an attempt to load the mapclassic menu. For some reason right after I selected map classic the command closed and all of my ribbons disappeared. I tried a repair, that did not bring them back. Then I started looking for workspaces, they were all missing. So I transferred them over. Then I noticed that instead of my main customiszation file showing (c3d.cuix), it shows mapclassic.cuix. Is it possible to switch it back? I have attached a pictures to show my cui. Thanks in advance
Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

I Should also mention this is civil 3d 2015.

Thanks,

DaveCUI.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

i don't mess with the CUI either

but you can try to load up the c3d.cuix again

by typing in cuiload and browse to: C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2015\enu\support

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

I'd avoid using the old MENULOAD command (actually calls the new-ish CUILOAD command) without a very good understanding of what it does.  The behaviour is different than in the pre-CUIx products.  In the MNS/MNC days there was only one loaded menu system and no workspaces, so changing menu systems required that MENULOAD call.  Now, you have both the Main and Enterprise CUIx files, each (potentially) with additional files partially loaded, and workspaces stored in each to control which of the loaded elements are displayed.  In some respects the partial CUIx system is like XREFs for UI elements - define once, reference anywhere.

Under the Options dialog, in the Files tab change the Main CUIx file back to the C3D.CUIx file you were using.  That should give you back your workspaces.  Then rebuild your CUIx system with a custom Enterprise, using the C3D, Raster Design, and any other CUIx files (including any personal CUIx files for custom toolbars, menus, etc.) as partial to that Enterprise.  That way they cannot be accidentally modified or removed - Enterprise is read-only by design.  Build any default workspaces you want into the Enterprise, as they are read-only its a good emergency back-up system if you *really* mess up something in the Main.  Create a custom empty Main CUIx file and build and save your active workspaces under here.  If you need to add a CUIx on-the-fly, use the CUIx editor to add it as partial to the Main rather than replacing it entirely.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for helping me out. I have added map classic from 2011 up and never had a problem. Hopefully there are not any unseen consequences.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report