Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-drop problem for Civil 3D 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eric_apostol
448 Views, 2 Replies

I-drop problem for Civil 3D 2011

Hi all,

I am currently having problem using the catalog library. After browsing the part/sub-assembly I need, and hover the mouse to the "i-drop" icon and hold left click on it, when dragging out the mouse to the drawing, the icon change to "cirle with diagonal line. It seems to be icon of "not allowed" or similar.

Any idea how to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

I tried searching some solution over here and can't find anything that I can do. One solution is to drag the item to the "tool palettes". I can't do this as our CAD Manager locks this tool palletes. Other says to load the family of the object something which I don't get it. Though that solution is applicable to Revit 2011 which make senseble that I don't get what they mean.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric

PS: I am using Civil 3D 2011 and Windows 7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: eric_apostol

You don't have to drag the assembly to the Tool Palette, but the Tool Palette has to be open in order to drag anything from the content library.  I've always viewed this as a bug, and I reported it to Autodesk, but they seemed to feel it worked "as designed".

Sinc
Message 3 of 3
eric_apostol
in reply to: Sinc

Great! It is working now. Yeah you're right. It seems like a bug rather than a workaround with the catalog. I hope Autodesk will fix it as it is confusing for start.  Thank you Sinc. Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report