Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a cluster #$%$

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Joe-Bouza
372 Views, 7 Replies

I created a cluster #$%$

Big surprise right?

Anyway I made a copy of a base drawing and made some design changes to my profiles. The profiles views were created way back in 2008 and have a bunch of pipe network stuff in them and I would rather not redo them. The problem is, I thought I could data shortcut the profile in later, but when I create a reference they go to a new alignment object AlignmentName(1). Is there a way I can get them into AlignmentName.?

ds cluster F%$#.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Maybe superimpose them onto the correct profile views.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve, that works except the profile data band I use for left and right eop does not recognize SI profiles. Or maybe ther is something I am missing?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

Can you use the datashortcut editor to remap all of the datashortcuts to the new file? This would need to be done to the alignment as well. There is no way I know of to move a profile to a new alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

You would need to keep a close eye on other drawings that ref the old alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Roger that. I'm not worried about the alignemnt, but need the data band desperately. I made companion profile views that only show the DB and placed them under my origina profile views. Which leads to a new question: my DB has labes on the left that work great in the first view, but overlap the data in the next views, any tips?

db01.PNG

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE

I hate to say it but another databand with the text justified to fit. Wipeout the databands that don't justify correctly.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
sboon

It looks like you're trying to display superelevation data from one profile view on another.  Unfortunately that is about the only type of data that cannot be read from a superimposed profile, since it actually comes from the source alignment.  It sounds like you have a workaround, at least for this drawing.

For the labels, would turning off the start and end stations in that data band help?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report