Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make civil tables work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JA5.15
503 Views, 5 Replies

I can't make civil tables work.

I just don't understand the steps required to have a structure/pipe table (existing in model space) appear properly in my layout and to maintain its appearance. 

If all scales are set to 1:1000 (viewport/annotative/plot/drawing) why does the text in the table appear 3 times bigger than it is supposed to be. I thought I had it figured out when I set everything to 1:1000, the table appeared the correct size in my layout. Closed the drawing and went back into it and the table is gigantic again, regen doesn't change it. I must be missing something, could someone explain how they create a structure table and have it appear to scale in their layout?

2nd part, similar issue. When I create a new viewport or do a zoom extents in a viewport I end up zoomed much further out than if I do a zoom extents in modelspace, at which point my civil labels and table are consuming the whole viewport. The viewport generally is not centered on my work area, so I can not just choose a scale and have everything appear properly. I need to manually zoom towards my work area, regen, zoom, regen etc... till I'm close. There are no objects way out in space, because as I've said I get different results doing zoom extents in model space than when in a viewport.

This all seems related to civil labels/tables. I'm sure I'm just missing/mis-using something. Why can't civil objects just be annotative, annotative objects are so much easier to use it seems. Except annotative hatches apparently screw up the undo function... 

Just looking for any ideas/feedback anyone has.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: JA5.15

As far as the 2nd part goes. I save a view in MS that approximates what I want in the layout viewport. Then I restore that view in the layout viewport. Then I can set the viewport to scale.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

On issue 2: I concur with Allen's method.

On issue 1: is it possible the drawing scale on the settings tab and the annotation scale are out of sync?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I know this might not be that much helpful, but that "civil tables" issue is consuming too much time and energy trying to figure out. Kinda glad someone out there ran into it.

Message 5 of 6
MikeEvansUK

It sounds like a problem with the annotative scales alright. Also check the style used and the sizes in the style & table style.

Ps have you regenerated the view after repositioning??

You could try running scalelistedit and reset however you should be aware that the civil3d scales and annotative scales are not exactly the same. They do for the most part overlap but quite often I have a scale which does not exist on the annotative scales but if you use the civil 3d scales (toolspace settings) then you can set it there which curiously will create a new anoscale.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 6
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Just from sorting my table-view port issue. Actually I found that in addition to having the MS & VP scaling match, you also need to appropriately size the tables when creating them in MS. I had been using the default 8.33mm size for text but when I took the scale factor into consideration and reduced it to 0.2mm, the tables worked fine and well, i happily printed my work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report