Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't hide a polygonal viewport when plotting

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
augdog74
9950 Views, 11 Replies

I can't hide a polygonal viewport when plotting

I brought a normal 4 sided viewport into my layout, but needed to clip and make a viewport with 6 sides.  I have also tried to redraw this by using a polygonal viewport.  When I go to plot the page, parts or all of the viewport boundaries are on.  It doesn't matter if I go to layer control and turn the layer off or freeze or select the non-plotting icon.

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: augdog74

What version of Civil 3D and can you post a drawing?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

A polygonal VP consists of 2 entities a viewport and a poly line. They both need to be on the frozen layer. when you select it, it typicaly brings up the vp change properties to all and verify both are on the same layer.

vp properties.png

Message 4 of 12
augdog74
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, they are on the same layer.

Message 5 of 12
rl_jackson

Dont freeze the layer just turn it off, or place it on a no plot layer

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
ccoles

We put our viewports on a no-plot layer. Frozen or unfrozen, they do not plot.

NoPlot.JPG

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 7 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ccoles

post the drawing if you can - only the layout is needed

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
augdog74
in reply to: tcorey

2013-- I have also georeferenced lines from a .shp file that some lines randomly plot or don't plot, within the same layout. My .dwg seems to be too large to send. (6.5mb)

Message 9 of 12
augdog74
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

My .dwg is too large to attach, but if I try to export my layout, Autocad ends up stalling.  Is that what you were wanting me to do when you said only the layout?

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

A simple method would be to use Quick Select Tool to select the polygon (P line) that was used to clip the viewport. Then you set that polyline to your viewport layer (on no plot). 

Hope that helps. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

1) Pick/Select the viewport border line.

2) In the viewport (1) , select yes on Display locked.

3) Go to layer & select freeze (create a viewport layer first)

@augdog74 wrote:

I brought a normal 4 sided viewport into my layout, but needed to clip and make a viewport with 6 sides.  I have also tried to redraw this by using a polygonal viewport.  When I go to plot the page, parts or all of the viewport boundaries are on.  It doesn't matter if I go to layer control and turn the layer off or freeze or select the non-plotting icon.

Any suggestions?

@augdog74 wrote:

Any suggestions?

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report