AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

bjohnson14
Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hydraflow Storm Sewer System Outfall Q

248 Views, 2 Replies
03-13-2014 06:04 AM

I am using the Hydraflow Storm Sewers Extension 2012 and I keep getting different Q's at the outfall depending on the calclulation option I choose.  It seems like I need to toggle "Analysis w/Design" and then toggle "Reset Pipe Sizes" to get the system outfall Q.  If I only toggle "Analysis w/ Design" the Q drops drastically.  Does anyone know the proper Calculation option to get a system Q at the outfall for a given event if you only want to analyze the system without making changes?  Thanks!!

Do you have any surcharged structures? The flow will pond at that point until it can continue to flow through the system reducing your max Q.

Alternatively, that flow might be lost from the system, off the top of my head, I can't remember which.

Thanks for the response. I just figured out what it was. I did not have flow in an inlet and that was messing with the whole system. It now computes correctly. Thanks again.
*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (236 Views)

Re: Hydraflow Storm Sewer System Outfall Q

03-13-2014 08:15 AM in reply to: bjohnson14

Do you have any surcharged structures? The flow will pond at that point until it can continue to flow through the system reducing your max Q.

Alternatively, that flow might be lost from the system, off the top of my head, I can't remember which.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
bjohnson14
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: Hydraflow Storm Sewer System Outfall Q

03-13-2014 08:23 AM in reply to: BrianHailey
Thanks for the response. I just figured out what it was. I did not have flow in an inlet and that was messing with the whole system. It now computes correctly. Thanks again.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.