AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
boyerengineering
Message 1 of 4 (201 Views)

hydraflow import changes all parts to "standard" style

201 Views, 3 Replies
06-19-2013 11:41 AM

one would think that you could just export the .stm file into hydraflow, make some changes, and import, and all would be fine.  when i export, all of the structures in hydraflow come up as drop curb.  how can they come in as what they actually are.. aka, when the part i use is a 2x4 box, it should come into hydraflow as a "grate inlet", or a st-mh will come in as a "manhole".

and then likewise, when the changes are made, and its brought back into autocad, they all come in as a "standard" style.  except the outfalls, which show as a "standard" style, but come in with a different block, and get a whole new label (outfal - x)

thanks for your help

-wes

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 2 of 4 (188 Views)

Re: hydraflow import changes all parts to "standard" style

06-19-2013 04:21 PM in reply to: boyerengineering
Annoying for sure. they didn't tell you the pre setup. On the pipenetwork node of the settings tab you have to expand (forgive me I might have the name wrong) hydraflow migration yayda yada and make sure it points to your part list and what parts to migrate to which parts
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Distinguished Contributor
nkg2
Message 3 of 4 (183 Views)

06-19-2013 05:59 PM in reply to: boyerengineering

screenshot.png

Joe is absolutely correct. 

Under Toolspace>Settings Tab>Pipe Network>Commands>Edit is SSA or the next three whichever is your flavor you will get the middle window where you will see "Storm Sewers Migration Defaults" and under that "Part Matching Defaults".  In the first collumn in the empty space, click in there and "..." (elipses).  Click on it and tell which part matches with what it is in Hydraflow.  

My suggestion is that if you hear about an SSA class by your reseller, it is usually a good one day class and I would advise it.  

Autodesk 2015 Infrastructure Design Suite - Premium
Windows 7 Professional, x64, Intel Xeon W3350 3.07GHz, 12GB Ram, NVidia Quadro 4000
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)

06-19-2013 06:16 PM in reply to: nkg2
Thanks for the help - I was flying without instruments
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.