Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hydraflow import changes all parts to "standard" style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
idigg-be
582 Views, 3 Replies

hydraflow import changes all parts to "standard" style

one would think that you could just export the .stm file into hydraflow, make some changes, and import, and all would be fine.  when i export, all of the structures in hydraflow come up as drop curb.  how can they come in as what they actually are.. aka, when the part i use is a 2x4 box, it should come into hydraflow as a "grate inlet", or a st-mh will come in as a "manhole".

and then likewise, when the changes are made, and its brought back into autocad, they all come in as a "standard" style.  except the outfalls, which show as a "standard" style, but come in with a different block, and get a whole new label (outfal - x)

thanks for your help

-wes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: idigg-be

Annoying for sure. they didn't tell you the pre setup. On the pipenetwork node of the settings tab you have to expand (forgive me I might have the name wrong) hydraflow migration yayda yada and make sure it points to your part list and what parts to migrate to which parts

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
nkg2
in reply to: idigg-be

screenshot.png

Joe is absolutely correct. 

Under Toolspace>Settings Tab>Pipe Network>Commands>Edit is SSA or the next three whichever is your flavor you will get the middle window where you will see "Storm Sewers Migration Defaults" and under that "Part Matching Defaults".  In the first collumn in the empty space, click in there and "..." (elipses).  Click on it and tell which part matches with what it is in Hydraflow.  

My suggestion is that if you hear about an SSA class by your reseller, it is usually a good one day class and I would advise it.  

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: nkg2

Thanks for the help - I was flying without instruments

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report