AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
mermerCAD
Message 1 of 5 (417 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hydraflow & SSA

417 Views, 4 Replies
09-27-2013 09:56 AM

I know this is a stupid question, but here goes.  Are Hydraflow and SSA the same thing?

I looked at Help but it didn't really answer the question.  I have SSA on my desktop, but I don't see anything on my C drive or ribbon for Hydraflow.  This just may mean that our IT department didn't install it, but I wanted to have some clue about what I was talking about before I contact them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Meredith

The Hydraflow Storm Sewer extension will size the pipes for you based on your design criteria that you set up in the program.  It will then import it back into Civil 3D and update the network.  SSA was purchased from Boss International (a.k.a. StormNet), and entering your design criteria will NOT automatically size the pipes.  However, you can manually change the pipe sizes and it IS a really good hydrological tool.  Plus, it does WAY more than Hydraflow.

Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 2 of 5 (411 Views)

Re: Hydraflow & SSA

09-27-2013 10:25 AM in reply to: mermerCAD

Hi,

No they are not the same. They are different programs.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015 SP2
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 3 of 5 (395 Views)

09-27-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: mermerCAD

The Hydraflow Storm Sewer extension will size the pipes for you based on your design criteria that you set up in the program.  It will then import it back into Civil 3D and update the network.  SSA was purchased from Boss International (a.k.a. StormNet), and entering your design criteria will NOT automatically size the pipes.  However, you can manually change the pipe sizes and it IS a really good hydrological tool.  Plus, it does WAY more than Hydraflow.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

Valued Contributor
mbcastle
Message 4 of 5 (377 Views)

09-27-2013 02:45 PM in reply to: mermerCAD

You probably have Hydraflow, but it's hard to find. Go to the Analyze ribbon and expand the Design palette.

Mark Castle
Civil 3D 2014, SP1
Win 8.1 64-Bit, 8 GB RAM
Core 2 Duo 6400, Quadro FX 580
Distinguished Contributor
mermerCAD
Message 5 of 5 (341 Views)

10-08-2013 06:51 AM in reply to: mbcastle

Thank you all so much. You were a huge help! Meredith

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.