Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow & SSA

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mermerCAD
845 Views, 4 Replies

Hydraflow & SSA

I know this is a stupid question, but here goes.  Are Hydraflow and SSA the same thing?

I looked at Help but it didn't really answer the question.  I have SSA on my desktop, but I don't see anything on my C drive or ribbon for Hydraflow.  This just may mean that our IT department didn't install it, but I wanted to have some clue about what I was talking about before I contact them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Meredith

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: mermerCAD

Hi,

No they are not the same. They are different programs.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

The Hydraflow Storm Sewer extension will size the pipes for you based on your design criteria that you set up in the program.  It will then import it back into Civil 3D and update the network.  SSA was purchased from Boss International (a.k.a. StormNet), and entering your design criteria will NOT automatically size the pipes.  However, you can manually change the pipe sizes and it IS a really good hydrological tool.  Plus, it does WAY more than Hydraflow.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
Mark_Castle

You probably have Hydraflow, but it's hard to find. Go to the Analyze ribbon and expand the Design palette.

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 5 of 5
mermerCAD
in reply to: Mark_Castle

Thank you all so much. You were a huge help! Meredith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report