Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow Alternatives

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Cre9engr
514 Views, 1 Reply

Hydraflow Alternatives

Are there any alternatives to Hydraflow Express Extension for 2014?  The program crashes and locks up way to often for me to find it useful.  I would like to find somethings that has both flexibility and ease of use (i.e. KISS philosophy).  The program needs to be able to perform the following hydraulic calculations:

1. Open Flow Channels
  2. Simple Pressure Pipes
  3. Culverts
  4. Inlets (types of inlets that I frequently need to model include CDOT Type-R, CDOT Type-13, CDOT Type-C, grates, combination inlets, and scuppers)
  5. Broad Crested Weirs
  6. Orifices

Over 7 years ago, I used a program called Flownet to perform these calculations, but I can't find a version that runs on Windows 7. The UD-Inlet programs prepared by Denver Urban Drainage and Flood Control has some promise, but I'm still not entirely sold this program. It feels inflexible.  I'm able to use Mathcad for some of the more simplier calculations.  Mathcad has the potential for the more complex calculations, but I don't have the time to create necessary worksheets.

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
-Civil 3D user since 2007
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ralstogj
in reply to: Cre9engr

Hi

If you still want to use flownet and have a copy of an older operating system like xp that it runs under just use virtualbox which is free to make a virtual machine on your pc and install xp and flownet onto it. In this post i have done a similar thing to install a 32bit version of Civil3d.

http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/installing-civil3d-2012-32bit-in.html

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report