Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge text and station labels

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rade_tomovic
1791 Views, 11 Replies

Huge text and station labels

I have a digitalised map with dimensions approx. 7 x 15 km. When I set up scale to 1:25000 (1 paper mm = 25 m on terrain ), alignment labels go to crazy mode, and as crazy I mean that they are all over the screen. One more question (very easy I guess, but I'm very new to C3D), how to display Layout tabs always?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Pointdump
in reply to: rade_tomovic

W,

You'll need to change the text height in your alignment label styles to something smaller:

AlignLabels.png

And for the Layout Tabs, here's info on pretty much every way you can lose and gain them back:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/model-and-layout-tabs-are-gone/m-p/4615509/hi...

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 12
rade_tomovic
in reply to: Pointdump

But that text is 2 mm height on paper, it will be invisible if I change
height
Message 4 of 12
Pointdump

W,

In Model Space you can change the Anno Scale without it affecting anything in your Paper Space Layouts. Try changing that:

AnnoScale.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 12
wfberry
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave:

Just a couple of things.  Anno Scale is for use of annotative objects.  I think it is best in most cases for changing Civil 3D labels is to change the Model Space scale in Settings.  Now, I cannot remember where the differences may lie but there is a potential problem somewhere.  Our ole sidekick, sinc, would  normally have stepped in now.

Bill

Message 6 of 12
Pointdump
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

I didn't know there was a difference between changing it in Drawing Settings VS the Annotative Scale at the bottom Status Bar.

AnnoScale1.png

Yes, I still miss Sinc too.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 7 of 12
AllenJessup

@wabafet wrote:
When I set up scale to 1:25000 (1 paper mm = 25 m on terrain ), alignment labels go to crazy mode, and as crazy I mean that they are all over the screen. One more question (very easy I guess, but I'm very new to C3D), how to display Layout tabs always?

Use EDITSCALELIST to check how the scale is defined. I've recently had a problem where one drawing was mm to mm instead of Millimeter to Meters. Actually it said "1 paper unit = 1 drawing unit" That drawing wasn't created in Civil 3D (or at least not from out Template.

esl.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

I believe that in Civil 3D they've set the Anno Scale on the status bar to change both. Your are correct in pointing out there is a difference.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
rade_tomovic
in reply to: AllenJessup

Scale is 1:25 (C3D metric, units meters, paper is in mm, so 1:25000 is 1 mm : 25 m). But, I found some solution, something like this:

1. Open new drawning, and set units to match your units (already done by default in my case)

2. Set up scale, pay attention to what AllenJessup said (you can set up accidentally scale to 1 mm : 25000 m if you don't see what C3D showing to you, been there)

3. Copy your map or whatever from original dwg to you new dwg, and everything looking good.

All annotaion things in status bar are turned on 🙂

Message 10 of 12
rade_tomovic

Can someone accept that as solution? That would be my first Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 12
AllenJessup

You're the OP. If that's the solution you should be able to do that yourself. There's no stigma to accepting a solution you came up with yourself. If the site prevents you from doing that. Post again.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

I believe that in Civil 3D they've set the Anno Scale on the status bar to change both.

I just confirmed that.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report