Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP600 plotter on Vista

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pointdump
2899 Views, 2 Replies

HP600 plotter on Vista

Hi,
HP no longer supports my C2848A/HP600 Designjet plotter on Vista, so I can't download the latest driver. However, in Civil 3D's plotter manager I see my plotter. Trouble is, I don't know what to do about it. Help doesn't explain how to use the plotter manager. To further complicate matters, I have Civil 3D 2010 on my laptop which does not have a parallel printer port. My plotter has a network card, an HP JetDirect 400N, which HP does have a driver available for Vista.
Anybody out there still using an old 600 DesignJet?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hankm
in reply to: Pointdump

You are out of luck my friend. Their are no  new driver support for your HP Desighnjet 600 plotter for Windows Vista. The last driver support was for windows XP. I have win7 prof. x64 and the only way that I plot is I installed Microsoft Virtual XP mode that comes free with anyone with win7 prof. & up. The only other way is to plot from an old computer with win XP & below. This is the only way....I looked for about 8 months & nothing with win vista & above.....

@Pointdump wrote:
Hi,
HP no longer supports my C2848A/HP600 Designjet plotter on Vista, so I can't download the latest driver. However, in Civil 3D's plotter manager I see my plotter. Trouble is, I don't know what to do about it. Help doesn't explain how to use the plotter manager. To further complicate matters, I have Civil 3D 2010 on my laptop which does not have a parallel printer port. My plotter has a network card, an HP JetDirect 400N, which HP does have a driver available for Vista.
Anybody out there still using an old 600 DesignJet?

Dave

Message 3 of 3
tom
Observer
in reply to: Pointdump

From the HP driver download site try the XP Pro 64 bit driver for the HP Designjet 1000 HP-GL/2 version V4.84.  It worked for my DesignJet 600 C2848A under Windows 7 64 bit with AutoCAD 2011.  Please pass this along as there are a lot of us that can't buy a new plotter right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report