Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view corridor cut the surface

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1417 Views, 3 Replies

how to view corridor cut the surface

hallo,

I have questions.....

In my c3d, there are channel and roadways corridor and I want to view it on 3d. How they are looked in real condition (with existing surface).

I had tried to access it using object view, but I cannot see that corridor cut the surface (the corridor is under the surface). So, how i can look my surface cutted by the corridor?Or any mistake or there need any setting to view it?

thanks before,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Make a new surface. Name it Compiled.
2. Paste the EG surface into it.
3. Ensure your corridor(s) have surfaces defined.
4. Use the corridor surface(s) as Hide boundaries for the Compiled surface. You'll have to look at the command line to see the Surface option when defining the Hide boundary.
You now have an EG surface that's trimmed exactly at the corridor(s) boundaries.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

Matt,

I have got my existing surface is cut by the corridor surface. And if I want to view the cut surface (compile surface) with corridor in 3d, how can I do it, i have to select both 2 object (compile surface and corridor) or it can be seen automatically (how I can set it)?

Another question, how about view the building pad grading?

How I apply it in the surface?

I have building pad grading, but i cannot view it applied on the surface. Meanwhile, I want to view the building pad together with the corridor (look at all the site together).

Thanks before,

Message 4 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a second hide boundary for the compiled surface using your building pad surface as the boundary, just like you did for the Corridor.

Select all 3 surfaces, right click, and select Object Viewer to view them all in 3D.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report