Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use settings.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
asad55db
196 Views, 3 Replies

how to use settings.

Dear Friends,

I am working on a particular project and i have created new bands for prfile view and also i have create a new profile view with my required settings, all this i have done in toolplace, now i want to know that how can i use these bands and profile view settings in other projects. when i go for new project that band and profile view disappears and only default bands and views remains. my question is how to save these settings so that may be used in projects,

Regards:

ASAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: asad55db

Hi,

if you have Civil3D 2012 you can import styles from any other drawing, command to use: _ImportStylesAndSettings

If your Civil is version 2011 or older then you have the (poor) chance to drag&drop, for that open your current drawing + a new drawing, arrange the drawing windows side by side, active then the drawing with the styles to be used, in the Civil-workspace goto "Settings" and search for your style. Drag this style from the Civil-workspace to the drawing where you want to have the style inserted.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
gjrcmb
in reply to: asad55db

Look into creating your own drawing template file, where you can store all your styles and settings, and use the template file when creating new drawing files.  See following link for more information:

Drawing Templates

Message 4 of 4

If you install the Subscription Extension Manager in 2011. Import Styles and Settings is available under Utilities in the ToolBox.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report