Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO USE BENCH IN DAYLIGHT GENERAL SUBASSEMBLY

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
asad55db
1557 Views, 9 Replies

HOW TO USE BENCH IN DAYLIGHT GENERAL SUBASSEMBLY

Dear Friends,

I am working on railway project. I am quite happy with daylight general saubassembly as i can customize the cut test point and i can produce cut ditches of my own choise. Anyhow the only problem with this subassembly is that after certain cut height i need a bench to be provided wich i cant manage in this sub assembly. Now someone might say that use bench subassembly. But the problem with bench sub assembly is that i cant customise my cut test point for bench sub assembly which is very essensial for this project.

Hope the group of genious will definitely help me out.

Regards:

Asad

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
stewarteng
in reply to: asad55db

The "geniuses" are probably taking the day off, but I'll take a shot. Smiley Happy

I'm thinking you could insert a contional cut or fill subbasembly to test for the depth of cut first at the test point of your choosing, then insert either the daylight or a bench and daylight.  Does that help?  If you are not using conditional assemblies, you might check them out; a little tricky at first, but very versatile in the long run.

BStewart
Intel Corei7 975 3.33Ghz
24 GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit
Message 3 of 10
sboon

In this thread I`ve offered a solution for someone with a similar problem.  Essentially you can use conditional subs, which have been moved away from their attachment point, to move the test point to wherever you want.

Post a sketch of your section, it will be easier to help you that way.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 10

I wrote my own bench subassembly where I could control the benches by profiles. http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2014/11/custom-bench-subassembly.html

If I wanted more control and wanted to create it my self without programming I'd use subassembly composer to create my own so I could get my own control.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 10
asad55db
in reply to: stewarteng

Dear Stewarteng,

i am really sorry for late responding and thanks for your quick response.Now regarding conditional sub aseembly i think i know a bit about conditionaly sub and i have used conditional sub for my own reason. i have attached my assembly and explain the different conditions of cut that i have to apply. the major issue is when cut is more than 10 m from cut test point(  cut test point is 1.65m below the Profile level) i have to apply dayligh bench but at the same time i cant get bottom ditch wich is easily being generated by dayligh general.

Now after looking at the attachemnt you are kindly requested to guide me that where i can move my conditional sub assemblies.

Further one last question how does conditional subassembly works, i means does it takes directly diference of EGL and PGL  or it calculate difference from EGL to cut test point or it calculate difference of EGL and the point where it is attached.

Many many regards.

Message 6 of 10
asad55db
in reply to: sboon

Dear Sboon,

Please find attached sketch which i hope is self explaining. Please guide me that by using wich sub assembly i can come to cut testpoint, than i may use conditionaly sub and daylight benth and daylight general. In my case daylight general is offerring me good solution for the botom ditch i have to provide. actually i dont want to use sub assembly dich because i have to get bottom slope of dich while in dich sub there is no option to get sloped bed. 

Many regards.

Message 7 of 10

If you are going to do it with the out of the box subassemblies you would want to repeat what you've done for the first bench with the vertical conditionals. I think you will end up having a subassembly that runs really slowly. 

The link that I provided earlier in this thread should give you the control you are looking for, but it doesn't come with the program.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 8 of 10
sboon

The conditional sub measures vertically up or down at the point where it is attached.  In your case all four of your tests are being done at the shoulder of the railbed.  If you want them done at another location then you need to shift the conditional sub, and everything that is attached to it over to the correct location, relative to the assembly.  If the conditional sub passes the test then you want it to continue building the section, but you need to shift those attached subs by the same distance in the opposite direction so that they build from the shoulder of the roadbed.

Looking at your picture I see a problem.  You cannot use negative values in the conditional sub, they will be ignored.  You will need to change your shallow ditch cut test to 0 - 3.35 and another fill test from 0 - 1.67  Both of these would use the same ditch and daylight.

You could replace the SideDitch sub with two generic LinkWidthAndSlope subs.  You'll have to add the correct point and link codes but they would work the way you want.  I've built an assembly with most of what you're looking for in it.  You should be able to figure it out from this.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 10
asad55db
in reply to: sboon

Dear Saboon,
Please save your attachment in previous version i have Civil 3d 2012 😞
Message 10 of 10
sboon

Civil3d objects cannot be saved back to previous versions of the software.  You will have to recreate the assembly yourself in 2012.  I've exported the assembly to basic ACad so that you can see how it's built.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report