Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if installed C3D is 32- or 64-bit?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ericcollins6932
9445 Views, 3 Replies

How to tell if installed C3D is 32- or 64-bit?

Is there a way to see if my currently installed C3D is 32 or 64 bit? I'm guessing it is 64 bit as I am having FDO Esri issues, but would like to confirm it.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The only time you could have installed a 32bit version of C3D on a 64bit PC was older versions of C3D before there was a 64bit version of C3D. (there are some possible work arounds but if you were doing that you'd already know your bit version).

You can look at the properties of your C3D shortcut, if the path contains "Program Files (x86)" you are running 32bit, if the path is "Program Files" then you are running 64bit.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, Mike!

I suspected I was running 64-bit but couldn't think of a way to double-check. And that ADesk installs to both Program Files and (x86).

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: ericcollins6932

if your running civil 3d 2011 and higher it would be installed in the Program files folder

anything below civil 3d 2011 it will be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report