Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to STOP PHANTOM PARCELs

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
jive
682 Views, 22 Replies

HOW to STOP PHANTOM PARCELs

IF you look at the pic I attached...I have several "interior" lots..... IF I CORRECTLY create an alignment it AUTOMATICALLY creates a parcel.....I refer to this as a phantom parcel......How do I prevent this???....
I know I can stop short 2 tenths, hand draft and account for in the design, but this causes alot of extra work!!!!! I can't always assume that others involved in drafting and design will account for this......it causes alot of surplus drafting, turning labels off, etc......why isn't it accurate or allowed?....
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
BEknit
in reply to: jive

Just to clarify, I understand that it is actually the driveway alignments and not the profiles that could potentially subdivide my lots.

I'm still at a loss as to how I can make a single corridor object that includes my driveway and roadways and still take advantage of this adaptive ROW feature.

I guess this will take a little more experimentation.
Thanks again.
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous

Just to clarify, are you using alignments for driveways in a residential
situation, or more to denote something like a firelane in a commercial
application. If you're doing the residential, I think you could just include
each drive as an alignment and put it in the same site as the roads, but
you're right, when you have ROW based on the CL alignment, it could cause
problems.

Is there a compelling reason to have the corridor contain both pieces? You
could model the drives as one corridor, and the main roads as another. When
you pasted the surfaces, you would get the combination of them that is the
goal (I assume.)

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Technology Manager &
Associate
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G
LDT 2006 & C3D2006/SP1
Message 23 of 23
BEknit

Including driveways in the main Roadway's corridor model helps me to model intersections.

After a great deal of trial and error ,viewing of webcasts on the subject, and then more trial and error(virtually all on my own time) I worked out some methods that work for me. I figured out that in order to accurately model intersections (both between 2 roads and between roads and driveways) I need to include a lot of alignments (besides just a single roadway centerline) in the corridor model. Usually I need to include 3 alignments (in addition to the main roadway centerline) just to model one intersection.

I also represent my pipe networks partially with the main roadway centerlines and partially with alignments that follow pipe runs that leave the ROW and go off to ponds and such. I've been using corridor models on some of these offroad pipe runs to generate proposed grading to provide for adequate pipe cover. I also use corridor models to generate swales.

My impression was that for all these things to work together parametrically (borrowing a bit of jargon from my mechanical days) they need to be included within the same site.
But again I'm willing to give the multi-site idea a try.

Thanks again for your expertise. I've been lurking in this discussion group for some time and have always found your posts to be a good source of useful info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report