Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to slice a 3D raster surface ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
metchebes
421 Views, 7 Replies

How to slice a 3D raster surface ?

Hi

I created a 3D raster surface from point cloud using create from point cloud tool ( Planning and analysis workspace, create tab). Now I would like to cut/slice this surface to be able to offset one part related to the other.

Does anyone knows how to do it? I tried with the slice tool but I can only select the object and after nothing happens.

thanks a lot in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: metchebes

Hi,

add a new boundary to the current surface.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
metchebes
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I need more details 🙂 I m new user

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

does this help?

Create a closed polyline, then go to the Civil3D-projectbrowse, find your surface, go to the edits for your surface and add the new polyline to the borders.

Civil_SurfaceNewBorder_2013_AN01.gif

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 8
antoniovinci

metchebes wrote:

I created a 3D raster surface

What do you mean with "3D raster surface", sir?

A 3D surface may only be vector, so if you wanna slice it, you first have to solidify it.

Message 6 of 8
metchebes
in reply to: antoniovinci

So it's in planning and Analysis workspace and I did like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZj4nHpcMDw

Message 7 of 8
antoniovinci

metchebes wrote:

So it's in planning and Analysis workspace and I did like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZj4nHpcMDw 

Well, in that video he generated a raster Dem file, which you can stylize but not edit in Autocad environment.

Again, if you'd like to slice, trim, hole and whatever else a surface, you gotta first create it as a vector one, then explode it twice, solidify it, and finally you can edit it as a thin solid.

Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you have Civil3D, then you can create a Civil3D-surface based on the pointcloud and that can be limited to any area defined by poly like I showed in the video.

Also you mentioned that you like to "offset" anything. I agree also to antoniovinci that you will first have to get a vector-format to be able to use offset-command(s).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report