Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Linestyle for 3D Polyline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Narendra
365 Views, 4 Replies

How to set Linestyle for 3D Polyline

Dear All,
I am trying to set custom linestyle for 3D polyline. I can set custom linestyle for 3D polyline but polyline not display with that linestyle. Can any one help me how to I set custom linestyle with display?

Thanks & Regards
Narendra Babu
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Narendra

Hi Narendra, Displaying any but continuous linetypes correctly in 3D is a fundamental limitation of AutoCAD. I have it on good authority that Autodesk are looking into fixing it in future releases. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Narendra" wrote in message news:30261229.1079002695307.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Dear All, > I am trying to set custom linestyle for 3D polyline. I can set custom linestyle for 3D polyline but polyline not display with that linestyle. Can any one help me how to I set custom linestyle with display? > > > Thanks & Regards > Narendra Babu
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Laurie Comerford wrote: > Displaying any but continuous linetypes correctly in 3D is a fundamental > limitation of AutoCAD. I have it on good authority that Autodesk are > looking into fixing it in future releases. It would be about time. How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! Terry
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Terry, > How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! I have always assumed that the ability to define a curve in 3d-space would require a monumental change to the basic structure of AutoCAD. It would almost be the equivalent of turning AutoCAD into a MicroStation sc
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Why in heaven's name would you want to do that? Or are you one of those who only use a maximum of 63 layers? (See my comments in Civil3D 2005 thread for short chord arcs. They do the trick for me!) -- Don Reichle "King of Work-Arounds" Ifland Engineers, Inc. "Steve Cannon" wrote in message news:40509f28_1@newsprd01... > Terry, > > > How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! > > I have always assumed that the ability to define a curve in 3d-space would > require a monumental change to the basic structure of AutoCAD. It would > almost be the equivalent of turning AutoCAD into a MicroStation > > sc > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report