AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Narendra
Message 1 of 5 (175 Views)

How to set Linestyle for 3D Polyline

175 Views, 4 Replies
03-11-2004 02:57 AM
Dear All,
I am trying to set custom linestyle for 3D polyline. I can set custom linestyle for 3D polyline but polyline not display with that linestyle. Can any one help me how to I set custom linestyle with display?

Thanks & Regards
Narendra Babu
*Laurie Comerford
Message 2 of 5 (175 Views)

Re: How to set Linestyle for 3D Polyline

03-11-2004 03:02 AM in reply to: Narendra
Hi Narendra, Displaying any but continuous linetypes correctly in 3D is a fundamental limitation of AutoCAD. I have it on good authority that Autodesk are looking into fixing it in future releases. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Narendra" wrote in message news:30261229.1079002695307.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Dear All, > I am trying to set custom linestyle for 3D polyline. I can set custom linestyle for 3D polyline but polyline not display with that linestyle. Can any one help me how to I set custom linestyle with display? > > > Thanks & Regards > Narendra Babu
*Terry W. Dotson
Message 3 of 5 (175 Views)

03-11-2004 06:39 AM in reply to: Narendra
Laurie Comerford wrote: > Displaying any but continuous linetypes correctly in 3D is a fundamental > limitation of AutoCAD. I have it on good authority that Autodesk are > looking into fixing it in future releases. It would be about time. How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! Terry
*Steve Cannon
Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

03-11-2004 09:17 AM in reply to: Narendra
Terry, > How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! I have always assumed that the ability to define a curve in 3d-space would require a monumental change to the basic structure of AutoCAD. It would almost be the equivalent of turning AutoCAD into a MicroStation sc
*Don Reichle
Message 5 of 5 (175 Views)

03-11-2004 11:44 AM in reply to: Narendra
Why in heaven's name would you want to do that? Or are you one of those who only use a maximum of 63 layers? (See my comments in Civil3D 2005 thread for short chord arcs. They do the trick for me!) -- Don Reichle "King of Work-Arounds" Ifland Engineers, Inc. "Steve Cannon" wrote in message news:40509f28_1@newsprd01... > Terry, > > > How about arcs in 3dpolys as well! > > I have always assumed that the ability to define a curve in 3d-space would > require a monumental change to the basic structure of AutoCAD. It would > almost be the equivalent of turning AutoCAD into a MicroStation > > sc > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.