Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set assembly for widening

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2872 Views, 8 Replies

How to set assembly for widening

I am sending PDF of sample C/S of Road which has to widen on both sides by cutting upto existing BT edges (Bituminous edges shown in attached PDF drawing).

Also distance between existing centerline & proposed centerline varies.

All five bottom layers (on both sides) should restrict upto BT edges, if existing ground falls in between the crust thickness (as shown in PDF drawing).

Otherwise it will take full length when existing ground is completely above the FRL (in cutting) and existing ground is completely below the Subgrade (in filling).

Is there any method to set such criteria in 3D Civil? Please let me know at your earliest.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not 100% clear on what you are trying to do, but your section looks pretty straight forward to use many of the OOTB subassemblies. Perhaps you can elaborate on your intent.

Joe

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hello Joe,

My intentions regard the query placed are that i need to create the road without cutting existing road as shown in PDF. For that reason i need to create assembly in such a way that i can make use of existing road by placing overlay and widening on both sides.

When proposed level of road is much more higher or lower than existing ground then there is no problem as that will be a new road in embankment or complete cutting.

Depending on the existing Bituminous surface width of widening on both sides will vary.

Please let me know how to tackle this problem and which subassemblies to use

Awaiting reply.

Note : Everyrhing is shown in PDF drawing.The only thing is that width of widening on both sides will change as there is varying distance between existing centerline of road & proposed Centerline of road.

Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

OK. Use the OverlayMillAndLevel2 for the width of existing road (add existing eop alignments to control the width) , you can set it to match existing cross slope or a defined cross slope, then attach your widening subs to the OMAL2

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe,

It is not working.

Also i need to know that i am not getting perfect cross-section as shoulder part is getting misplaced as u can see in attached image. layers are also not getting aligned with each other in case of superelevation even though they are having default 2.5% slope and whatever in superelevation part.

The shoulder part is having codes and links also.

Even for trial  if u have single line subassembly as shoulder, it also shows the same problem.

My bottom line is just i want to connect shoulder part to pavement layers and in case of superelevation shoulder part should behave according to pavemet layers.

Thanks & regards,

Shailesh

Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza

send me the drawing. jbouza<AT>cameronengineering<dot><com>

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
dnl999

Hi, Were you able to build the correct assembly ?

If so, can you post the solution or e-mail me at kckkim AT hotmail DOT com.

I have almost the same assembly to create for our transportation staff.  Thanks.

Andrew,

Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dnl999

I'd like to hear too.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, if you still haven't found a solution you might want to look at the road reconstruction examples posted.

Go to the Workshop page at  http://www.section3d.com/

Jean,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report