Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rubber sheet a pdf in 2014?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Jasono2009
3296 Views, 10 Replies

How to rubber sheet a pdf in 2014?

Has anyone tried rubber sheeting a pdf with 2014? It now asks you yo select an image. Since a pdf is not an image not sure how to accomplish this. WHY DID THEY CHANGE THIS?

thanks,

Jason

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

what version of RasterDesign had the aibility to rubbersheet a PDF? I don't know any, imho it always used only rasterfiles.

Or do you speak about command _ADERSHEET for previous versions?

Another option: convert your PDF to a rasterfile, then you can use RasterDesign to rubbersheet it.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11

Alfred,

You just answered my question - it is a problem with a Raster command  (IRSHEET) getting mixed with _ADERSHEET. I only used Civil 3D/Map 3D for rubbersheeting, never had Raster Design until now. I just checked and sure enough, Autodesk repalced the tired, true and versatile _ADERSHEET in Civil.cuix with useless IRSHEET. Typical.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: Jasono2009

Why not just scale the pdf by moving it to a known reference point in the drawing and scale by reference? I do this all the time with pdfs

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 11
Jasono2009
in reply to: neilyj666

Your method works fine for linear scaling, but often I need 3 or 4 points to get an accurate geodetic fit. I work in large areas.

Message 6 of 11
neilyj666

probably best exporting the pdf as an image using PDF-Xchange Viewer (free) and then using the usual raster tools.

Obviously any method using rasters to scale and rubber sheet will be inherently inaccurate anyway but ok for things like flood / hydrological analysis ....:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Jasono2009

Your suggesstion sounds like a lot of work. And no, my method is not inaccurate. I know my data.

I solved this problem by going into the CUI and changing the command syntax from the useless Raster to tried and true Map 3D method. Back to being efficient.

Message 8 of 11
neilyj666

I've not experienced the problem you seem to have had...the ADERSHEET command is available in my Map workspace - no CUI changes required for me....and the IRSHEET is in Raster Design as expected

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Jasono2009

It is available in my Map workspace too, but I customize my Civil workspace so I don't have to switch from one to the other. In 2012 it worked fine. In 2014 the "civil" rubber sheet command is contaminated with the useless Raster method (verify in the CUI). I just overwrote it with Map rubber sheet. Now were back to normal.
Message 10 of 11
neilyj666

Great - I just type ADERSHEET at the command line as I seldom use it

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Jasono2009

We'll start calling you Longway. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report