Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset quick leader to its default value?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Neptuno8881
2928 Views, 6 Replies

How to reset quick leader to its default value?

I can't reset the quick leader to its default value. I used to have a custom tool bar for that using the following command: (setvar “Dim DRBLK” “.”), and it worked greate. Now this command does not work with C3D 2012.

Now I'm stuck with the dot leader and I want to reset it back. I use dot and arrow head a lot.

Thank you.

Neptuno8881

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Neptuno8881

The default leader can be changed in the QLEADER>Settings dialogue. See attached Qleader Settings caption.

Another place you'll find the exact same (parent) value is in the DIMSTYLE, the Qleader settings are a child of this setting. See attached DIMSTYLE caption.

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
Neptuno8881

The qleader setting does not work at all, but I was able to reset it back using your second option DIMSTYLE.

Do you have an easy way to reset it with a click of a bottom without going to DIMSTYLE setup? When I used to use LDD back then, all I have to do is click my custom icon to reset it back.

Thank you for your help.

Neptuno8881

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

Neptuno8881,

When you say the Qleader won't work at all,What specifically won't work? Just curious, is it that you can't access the Qleader settings or the arrowhead options aren't showing up under the "Leader Line & Arrow Tab or?

I don't use Qleader much as I prefer Mleader over it but you could set up different DIMSTYLES with the various arrowheads you use & access them quickly by the Annotation Tab on Ribbon.

Another option is to select the leader portion & switch the arrowhead within the standard Acad Properties dialogue.

See attached.

As far as a button to reset, Sorry, I don't have any ideas for that method.

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
Neptuno8881

When I say qleader doesn't work, I mean by that that autocad does not hold the setting. When I change the dot head to arrow and click OK and draw the arrow, I get the dot head instead. That's why I said it doesn't work. This is an ongoing bug since LDD Release 14, if I'm not mistaken. The way you show me works for me.

Thanks.

Neptuno8881

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

I see, another option is to set up Mleader Styles for dot vs. arrow etc., then just set the Style you need current. We do this and haven't noticed any issues with the Mleader Styles in that regard.

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7
Neptuno8881

That works.

This post i snow closed.

Thanks.

Neptuno8881

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report