Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to relate microstation colors to C3D colors?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tgibbon
428 Views, 3 Replies

How to relate microstation colors to C3D colors?

The WisDOT is very picky about line types and colors ect. I am wondering if any knows how to compare or relate Microstation colors to C3D colors, and how to relate Microstation styles to C3D line types. Is there some spreadsheet out there that shows the relationships?

Thanks,
TG
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
awood
in reply to: tgibbon

Hi TG:
Seth Cohen had a good Autodesk University session on "How to Design and Submit a DOT Project using Civil3D".
There wasn't info specific to any DOT as they each seem to differ but the overall view was informative...
Might be helpful...
I attached the course handout PDF - the recorded screencast is available at www.autodesk.com/auonline

Cheers,
AWood
Message 3 of 4
tgibbon

AWood,
Thanks for the info. I scanned through it, and looks like there are some good tips in there. Do you know of anything that compares a Microstation line style XXX to an AutoCAD linetype XXX?

Thanks again,
TG
Message 4 of 4
awood

I'm not aware of anything out there.
My last engineering firm did MTDOT projects and our main microstation guy had all of the standards in place - no worries...
I have pulled the linetypes in through the seed file in certain projects but really had no way to compare them other than drawing them all up manually and printing or printing the linetype coding...
Good luck...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report