Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to? Recap -> Civil surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sanda
1638 Views, 4 Replies

How to? Recap -> Civil surface

I attaced the .rcs file from recap, got this:

civil-scr-1.png

Now I need to make it into regular point cloud like this (so i can get contours from it):

civil-scr-2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: sanda

Same here.  I have .rcp and .rcs files I can attach as point clouds into AutoCAD or Civil 3D. The problem is Civil 3D does not recognize these as Civil 3D capable point clouds. 

From ReCAP, you can export as a .PTS file (among others) then import that into Civil 3D using the Point Clouds creation tool in the Prospector.

So, apparently a point cloud has to be created by Civil 3D so it can recognize it. Attaching a Point Cloud through regular AutoCAD means does not appear to work. Kind of a bummer.

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: LyleHardin

Dave Simeone from Autodesk explained in another post that AutoCAD's new PointCloud object in 2015 is not YET supported in C3D. I'm sure this has to do with the final specs for the new object were not available in time to be able to make the required changes in the C3D code to be able to use them. I'd be willing to guess that a future SP for 2015 will correct this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
mathewkol

It can be done in 2015. Open your RCP in ReCap and save it as a PCG file. Then create a Civil point cloud using the Prospector in the normal (old) way.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

PCG or PTS. I can't remember. I'm not in front of my computer.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report