Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate C3d 2014 workspace to 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
albionpjl
1382 Views, 3 Replies

How to migrate C3d 2014 workspace to 2015

I've exported my CUIX from 2014 and imported it into 2015 but  it only shows under partial customization files.

It's not showing as any workspace option.

I know I ask this almost every year (can't find the previous year's question and answers now they've altered these forums into a total maze), but can someone please tell me how I get my workspace settings complete with my toolbars into 2015? The CUI is, as usual, completely unintuitive.

Please??

I still have 2014 installed so can re-export anything necessary.

edit I found the post I made in 2012 about what worked then, but it doesn't work now. If I o0pen my saved cuix in the transfer thing, none of my toolbars are listed there at all.

Help??

And another question but where are all the buttons that used to be along the bottom? object snap, grid, etc? I need them all the time but they are absent. Is there a variable that will get them back please?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
albionpjl
in reply to: albionpjl

After a great deal of trial and error I think I have all my toolbars etc, but still no sign of the bottom buttons.

I can't use this without those buttons. They've been there long enough that I can't remember the command line commands that would access those settings.

I also need the coordinates display back and REALLY NEED to remove the numbers and stuff which follow the curser around as I draw. Without the buttons I can't turn it off.

Help please?

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: albionpjl

In my almost 20 years of using AutoCAD and verticals, including dozens and dozens of upgrades, reinstalls, etc. - a couple of thinks I've learned are

• keep all your custom stuff separate, IOW, a partial CUIX file, .lin, .pat files, etc, all in a separate location (directory)
  • Point the new version, install, whatever to your custom directory, and/or load your partial custom menu
  • make use of acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp to set sysvars like you want them. It may take some time to figure out what sysvar controls X or Y, but once you do it, you'll never have to remember it again. My startup files even load and place my custom ribbon panels and toolbars in the right locations.

I can install a stock OOTB Civil 3D 2015 right now and have it look and feel just like my current 2013 and 2014 in just a few minutes

Regarding the buttons on the bottom, are you referring to the status bar icons for things like SNAP, GRID, ORTHO, etc.?

Is the whole status bar missing? Try running the command STATUSBAR and setting it to 1

If you're looking for the TEXT option, it's gone now. The button on the far right allows you to control what other buttons are visible

2015statusbar.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
albionpjl
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks. That was what I was looking for to get those buttons back.

All set up again.

I've been upgrading every year and I always try to export my cuix from the old version and I can never get it into the new easily. It always ends up by trial and error and random clicking and dragging. It's the CUI; it's complete gibberish as far as I am concerned. I've never been able to understand it after all the years we've had it. Never had any problem with the old customisation window, but the CUI just makes no sense at all.

Thanks for the tip about lisp files, but I couldn't write a lisp file if I tried. In order to do that I would need to understand how the CUI works, and all the commands needed, and THEN need to know how to write a lisp file to utilise those commands. There's no budget for me to spend time learning those things (and my free time is fairly well filled with non-work activities.)

I've got everything sorted now except a few custom icons. Took 3 hours. I'm getting faster each year!!

I wonder what else I use that they changed...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report