Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge Civil 3D drawing templates/layers?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2271 Views, 4 Replies

How to merge Civil 3D drawing templates/layers?

Hello,

I have created a drawing template in C3D with layers, blocks, descriptor keys and all the fun stuff, but this was just for the survey section of the engineering group I work with.  Now the engineers, who had another template set up with design layers which they don't use but may want to use, asked me if I can add their layers to my template.  The have about 2000 layers and I do not want to manually add this information.  Is there any way I can either export their layers or merge the layers?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Now the engineers, who had another template set up with design layers which they don't use but may want to use, asked me if I can add their layers to my template.

Design Center command: ADCENTER works great for this , simply open the file with the layers (or folder containing the dwg) and select (using shift to select multiple) the layers to be inserted, then drag/drop them into the target dwg.

If your adding 2000 layers that may occasionally be used then it may be better to add those layers to a separate blank drawing template which could then be inserted as a block and choose cancel when prompted for insertion point. This will add the layers into the current dwg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you very much for this.  Using ADCENTER did exactly what I needed.  This was for updating all of our design and survey layers to be FAA AC 18B compliant, which has a whole lot of layers.

Again, Thank you!

Brad L., LS

San Francisco International Airport

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Your welcome, as you probably noticed, Design Center is a very useful tool for transferring all sorts of drawing content.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
nikolask74
in reply to: Jay_B

Very interesting, now another question on the same basis.. Can your merge two dwg templates with differents settings together? IE point style, surface style settings, alignement style settings etc...

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report